Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Jetboil Flash Cooking System - Anyone use this on the AT?

$99.95 (4-8-11) Link to REI Product Page



Weight (without stabilizer)
14 oz (397 g)
Volume
32 oz (1 Liter)
Boil Time
16 oz (1/2 Liter) = 2 minutes
Water Boiled
12 Liters per 100g Jetpower canister
Dimensions
4.1" x 7.1" (104 mm x 180 mm)

Backpackers of the world, what do you think?  Please leave comments - a stove that heats 1/2 liter of water in 120 seconds.  I would wonder about how much fuel to carry because it would not be easy to buy on the AT.  Once could have mail drops, I suppose, but I would also be concerned about mailing fuel through the mail.

What do you say who have hiked the AT?


2 comments:

  1. Yes, folks do use JetBoils on the AT. I don't because its too much weight and a bit bulky for my 3100 cu in pack. Good for early thru-hikers and for doing the northern mountains.

    I'll stick to my homemade alcohol stove and an aluminum cup which costs far less and weighs far less too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy the time you have wind sheild stove gas and pot there isn't that much of a difference in weight. Unless you are only carrying a couple ozs of fuel.ill stick to my jet boil.boiling once a day I can get 13 days in cool temps. I also don't have to worry about it being crushed either.

    ReplyDelete

Tweet This Article

"Never be afraid to try, remember...Amateurs built the ark, Professionals built the Titanic." Unknown

Check Out These Great Products For Us Hikers and Backpackers!