Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Silnylon Poncho Thoughts

Hello,
I'd like thoughts on this idea that just popped into my head after leaving water on silnylon for 4 hours and seeing it not leak.

I have about 4 yards of silnylon and I'd like to make a poncho. I don't want to make a complicated poncho though. My thought was to:

- Put on my pack
- Drape the nylon over my head until it's mid-thigh
- Mark the crown of my head
- Cut out a hole where my head goes
- Sew the outer edges to stop any fraying
- Sew and reinforce the edges of the hole to ensure it doesn't tear, along with some shock cord to keep it near my neck.
- Maybe put some fasteners below where my arms would come out the sides

Am I crazy or will this work? Should I bother with a hood if I wear a fully brimmed hat?



Link to Original Post

1 comment:

  1. I like this idea, especially the weight. Evidently this was purchased at WallMart for $1.00 a SQ Yard but it was from a bin, so a unique purchase. Regardless, I like the concept of two in one use. Any thoughts from readers?

    Link to full article is below verbiage in article.

    ReplyDelete

Tweet This Article

"Never be afraid to try, remember...Amateurs built the ark, Professionals built the Titanic." Unknown

Check Out These Great Products For Us Hikers and Backpackers!